All I Want, the DJBooth-premiered lead single off Christian Blaizer‘s posthumous debut set, saw an impressive array of guests (including hip-hop vets Redman and Erick Sermon) joining the headliner for an upbeat, street-ready ode to the paper chase. On the follow-up, another exclusive world premiere, Blaizer takes a turn into more intimate—and, considering the circumstances, poignant—lyrical territory. Executive Produced by Paul Yomi and featuring a tension-fraught, piano-led instrumental by Jason Farsight, Coma (Remix) features the emcee’s reflections on the cutthroat nature of the hustle, as well as his own mortality. Windy City-repping reader fave Paypa provides guest bars, and veteran R&B group 112 tie the record together with some low-key hook and backing vocals. The Oath is scheduled for digital release December 12. In the meantime, this single is available for free download with a suggested donation to Christian Blaizer’s JustGiving account. All proceeds will go to ACLT, a charity dedicated to finding blood and bone marrow donors for black and ethnic minority patients in the UK.
Written by richard on 11/30/12
Submit your Rating
Blue Rain Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Want" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.