All I Want, the DJBooth-premiered lead single off Christian Blaizer‘s posthumous debut set, saw an impressive array of guests (including hip-hop vets Redman and Erick Sermon) joining the headliner for an upbeat, street-ready ode to the paper chase. On the follow-up, another exclusive world premiere, Blaizer takes a turn into more intimate—and, considering the circumstances, poignant—lyrical territory. Executive Produced by Paul Yomi and featuring a tension-fraught, piano-led instrumental by Jason Farsight, Coma (Remix) features the emcee’s reflections on the cutthroat nature of the hustle, as well as his own mortality. Windy City-repping reader fave Paypa provides guest bars, and veteran R&B group 112 tie the record together with some low-key hook and backing vocals. The Oath is scheduled for digital release December 12. In the meantime, this single is available for free download with a suggested donation to Christian Blaizer’s JustGiving account. All proceeds will go to ACLT, a charity dedicated to finding blood and bone marrow donors for black and ethnic minority patients in the UK.
Written by richard on 11/30/12
Submit your Rating
Blue Rain Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Want" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)