18-year-old Chrishan Dotson is the kind of person that makes you seriously contemplate what the hell you’ve been doing for the first 21 years of your life. The Toledo native is barely of legal voting age, but it’s clear that he is already one of the more gifted singers and producers in his field. His new song, I Wish, is an ideal exhibition of his talents. On the mic, he sings in a rich falsetto. On the boards, he goes for the techno/R&B hybrid that’s been the craze lately, combining synth strings with panned drums that circle in a frenzy around his vocals. While no official announcements have been made regarding an album, he is rumored to be in the studio pounding it out right now.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/24/08
Submit your Rating
Hit Republic Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Late 4 Us" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.