18-year-old Chrishan Dotson is the kind of person that makes you seriously contemplate what the hell you’ve been doing for the first 21 years of your life. The Toledo native is barely of legal voting age, but it’s clear that he is already one of the more gifted singers and producers in his field. His new song, I Wish, is an ideal exhibition of his talents. On the mic, he sings in a rich falsetto. On the boards, he goes for the techno/R&B hybrid that’s been the craze lately, combining synth strings with panned drums that circle in a frenzy around his vocals. While no official announcements have been made regarding an album, he is rumored to be in the studio pounding it out right now.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/24/08
Submit your Rating
Hit Republic Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Late 4 Us" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.