If I was a betting man and the record industry was a big roulette wheel, I would put all my chips on Chrishan. There is no way in hell that he’s not going blow up by the end of the year; the kid is like Chris Brown 2.0. Not only can he sing and dance with the best of them, but he also writes and produces all of his own material. His new single, Girlfriend, is about the young singer’s search for love. It’s slightly more upbeat and slightly less polished than his previous work, but it still shows loads of promise. While the hectic beat overpowers his vocals at times, the song still passes as some damn good (albeit cookie-cutter) R&B-Pop. No announcements have been made regarding his debut album.
Listen to More: Chrishan
Written by Charlie E. on 08/19/08
Hit Republic Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Late 4 Us" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.