If I was a betting man and the record industry was a big roulette wheel, I would put all my chips on Chrishan. There is no way in hell that he’s not going blow up by the end of the year; the kid is like Chris Brown 2.0. Not only can he sing and dance with the best of them, but he also writes and produces all of his own material. His new single, Girlfriend, is about the young singer’s search for love. It’s slightly more upbeat and slightly less polished than his previous work, but it still shows loads of promise. While the hectic beat overpowers his vocals at times, the song still passes as some damn good (albeit cookie-cutter) R&B-Pop. No announcements have been made regarding his debut album.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/19/08
Submit your Rating
Hit Republic Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Late 4 Us" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.