If I was a betting man and the record industry was a big roulette wheel, I would put all my chips on Chrishan. There is no way in hell that he’s not going blow up by the end of the year; the kid is like Chris Brown 2.0. Not only can he sing and dance with the best of them, but he also writes and produces all of his own material. His new single, Girlfriend, is about the young singer’s search for love. It’s slightly more upbeat and slightly less polished than his previous work, but it still shows loads of promise. While the hectic beat overpowers his vocals at times, the song still passes as some damn good (albeit cookie-cutter) R&B-Pop. No announcements have been made regarding his debut album.
Listen to More: Chrishan
Written by Charlie E. on 08/19/08
Hit Republic Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Late 4 Us" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.