Rich Hipsters attract a lot of hate but, as far as I’m concerned, you can chalk most of it up to envy. I mean who wouldn’t want to jet-set around the world, partying and enjoying the best of what global culture has to offer, all while rocking the flyest designer fashions? On the latest single off her forthcoming mixtape, following 2 Chainz-assisted lead effort Charades, singer Chrisette Michele claims the label with pride, soulfully (if irreverently) celebrating the cosmopolitan landscape of art, cash and couture that the trust-fund kid inhabits. Wale guests on the back, proving that his inner hipster wasn’t entirely squelched in the transition to MMG. Feeling it? For this cut and plenty more where it came from, check out An Audiovisual Presentation of Audrey Hepburn when it hits the net for free download on December 8.
Written by richard on 11/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.