Rich Hipsters attract a lot of hate but, as far as I’m concerned, you can chalk most of it up to envy. I mean who wouldn’t want to jet-set around the world, partying and enjoying the best of what global culture has to offer, all while rocking the flyest designer fashions? On the latest single off her forthcoming mixtape, following 2 Chainz-assisted lead effort Charades, singer Chrisette Michele claims the label with pride, soulfully (if irreverently) celebrating the cosmopolitan landscape of art, cash and couture that the trust-fund kid inhabits. Wale guests on the back, proving that his inner hipster wasn’t entirely squelched in the transition to MMG. Feeling it? For this cut and plenty more where it came from, check out An Audiovisual Presentation of Audrey Hepburn when it hits the net for free download on December 8.
Written by richard on 11/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.