The fates haven’t always been kind to Chrisette Michele where romance is concerned, but the Motown Records songstress is keeping the faith. As she puts it on the latest single off her senior set, “Love Won’t Leave Me Out.” Here, Ivan “Orthodox” Barias and Carvin “Ransum” Haggins‘s airy, string-laced beat accompanies the singer as she looks back on a love life filled with disappointments, and forward to the day when her fortunes will finally change. Clifton Bell directs the cut’s stylishly understated official video. Fans can find this record, the reader-acclaimed A Couple of Forevers and much more on Michele’s Better LP, available in stores and online as of June 11.
Written by richard on 09/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones ft. Chrisette Michele" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.