The fates haven’t always been kind to Chrisette Michele where romance is concerned, but the Motown Records songstress is keeping the faith. As she puts it on the latest single off her senior set, “Love Won’t Leave Me Out.” Here, Ivan “Orthodox” Barias and Carvin “Ransum” Haggins‘s airy, string-laced beat accompanies the singer as she looks back on a love life filled with disappointments, and forward to the day when her fortunes will finally change. Clifton Bell directs the cut’s stylishly understated official video. Fans can find this record, the reader-acclaimed A Couple of Forevers and much more on Michele’s Better LP, available in stores and online as of June 11.
Written by richard on 09/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.