The fates haven’t always been kind to Chrisette Michele where romance is concerned, but the Motown Records songstress is keeping the faith. As she puts it on the latest single off her senior set, “Love Won’t Leave Me Out.” Here, Ivan “Orthodox” Barias and Carvin “Ransum” Haggins‘s airy, string-laced beat accompanies the singer as she looks back on a love life filled with disappointments, and forward to the day when her fortunes will finally change. Clifton Bell directs the cut’s stylishly understated official video. Fans can find this record, the reader-acclaimed A Couple of Forevers and much more on Michele’s Better LP, available in stores and online as of June 11.
Written by richard on 09/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)