The fates haven’t always been kind to Chrisette Michele where romance is concerned, but the Motown Records songstress is keeping the faith. As she puts it on the latest single off her senior set, “Love Won’t Leave Me Out.” Here, Ivan “Orthodox” Barias and Carvin “Ransum” Haggins‘s airy, string-laced beat accompanies the singer as she looks back on a love life filled with disappointments, and forward to the day when her fortunes will finally change. Clifton Bell directs the cut’s stylishly understated official video. Fans can find this record, the reader-acclaimed A Couple of Forevers and much more on Michele’s Better LP, available in stores and online as of June 11.
Written by richard on 09/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.