In most games, not striving to defeat your opponent is considered a major insult to their skill—not to mention, in the case of sporting events, straight-up illegal. In the game of love, however, it doesn’t always have to be a competition. On a new single off her forthcoming full-length, Def Jam R&B songstress Chrisette Michele makes a suggestion to a man who’s playing hard to get: “You should Let Me Win.” As she soulfully states her case to the guy in question, producers Ivan “Orthodox” Barias and Darhyl Camper Jr. backs her vocals with radiant keyboard chords and a head-nodding, hip-hop-infused rhythm section. Like what you’re hearing? Then why not take a gamble on Michele’s Better LP when it hits record stores and online retailers June 11? In the meantime, of course, you can keep your browsers locked for all the latest song releases.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones ft. Chrisette Michele" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!