In most games, not striving to defeat your opponent is considered a major insult to their skill—not to mention, in the case of sporting events, straight-up illegal. In the game of love, however, it doesn’t always have to be a competition. On a new single off her forthcoming full-length, Def Jam R&B songstress Chrisette Michele makes a suggestion to a man who’s playing hard to get: “You should Let Me Win.” As she soulfully states her case to the guy in question, producers Ivan “Orthodox” Barias and Darhyl Camper Jr. backs her vocals with radiant keyboard chords and a head-nodding, hip-hop-infused rhythm section. Like what you’re hearing? Then why not take a gamble on Michele’s Better LP when it hits record stores and online retailers June 11? In the meantime, of course, you can keep your browsers locked for all the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 05/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones ft. Chrisette Michele" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.