In most games, not striving to defeat your opponent is considered a major insult to their skill—not to mention, in the case of sporting events, straight-up illegal. In the game of love, however, it doesn’t always have to be a competition. On a new single off her forthcoming full-length, Def Jam R&B songstress Chrisette Michele makes a suggestion to a man who’s playing hard to get: “You should Let Me Win.” As she soulfully states her case to the guy in question, producers Ivan “Orthodox” Barias and Darhyl Camper Jr. backs her vocals with radiant keyboard chords and a head-nodding, hip-hop-infused rhythm section. Like what you’re hearing? Then why not take a gamble on Michele’s Better LP when it hits record stores and online retailers June 11? In the meantime, of course, you can keep your browsers locked for all the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 05/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.