In most games, not striving to defeat your opponent is considered a major insult to their skill—not to mention, in the case of sporting events, straight-up illegal. In the game of love, however, it doesn’t always have to be a competition. On a new single off her forthcoming full-length, Def Jam R&B songstress Chrisette Michele makes a suggestion to a man who’s playing hard to get: “You should Let Me Win.” As she soulfully states her case to the guy in question, producers Ivan “Orthodox” Barias and Darhyl Camper Jr. backs her vocals with radiant keyboard chords and a head-nodding, hip-hop-infused rhythm section. Like what you’re hearing? Then why not take a gamble on Michele’s Better LP when it hits record stores and online retailers June 11? In the meantime, of course, you can keep your browsers locked for all the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 05/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones ft. Chrisette Michele" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.