The eternal struggle between Heart and Mind is universal, and is also the subject of Chrisette Michele‘s new Chuck Harmony-produced single, So in Love. Over a muffled, pulsating bassline, the songstress laments that, “without my permission, my heart is on a mission. It’s got a mind of its own.” We’ve all been there, whether we want to admit it or not, and Chrisette should win fans for opening up about her vulnerability with such bravery. Not to be outdone, her Aston Martin Music partner Rick Ross lets down his Teflon Don armor, imparting his own sentiments on the matter. While the “marathon love-making” visuals aren’t ideal, I can’t really be mad when he’s shouting out Basquiat just a few bars later. Rozay is good for that - never underestimate his ability to subtly drop gems like Janet Reno robbing a jewelry store (see what I did there?). So In Love should prime fans of Ms. Michele nicely for the November 30, release of her album Let Freedom Reign. Next up, I’d really like to hear her let freedom reign and cut loose on a song. Anyone else?
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 11/9/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.