The eternal struggle between Heart and Mind is universal, and is also the subject of Chrisette Michele‘s new Chuck Harmony-produced single, So in Love. Over a muffled, pulsating bassline, the songstress laments that, “without my permission, my heart is on a mission. It’s got a mind of its own.” We’ve all been there, whether we want to admit it or not, and Chrisette should win fans for opening up about her vulnerability with such bravery. Not to be outdone, her Aston Martin Music partner Rick Ross lets down his Teflon Don armor, imparting his own sentiments on the matter. While the “marathon love-making” visuals aren’t ideal, I can’t really be mad when he’s shouting out Basquiat just a few bars later. Rozay is good for that - never underestimate his ability to subtly drop gems like Janet Reno robbing a jewelry store (see what I did there?). So In Love should prime fans of Ms. Michele nicely for the November 30, release of her album Let Freedom Reign. Next up, I’d really like to hear her let freedom reign and cut loose on a song. Anyone else?
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 11/9/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones ft. Chrisette Michele" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)