The eternal struggle between Heart and Mind is universal, and is also the subject of Chrisette Michele‘s new Chuck Harmony-produced single, So in Love. Over a muffled, pulsating bassline, the songstress laments that, “without my permission, my heart is on a mission. It’s got a mind of its own.” We’ve all been there, whether we want to admit it or not, and Chrisette should win fans for opening up about her vulnerability with such bravery. Not to be outdone, her Aston Martin Music partner Rick Ross lets down his Teflon Don armor, imparting his own sentiments on the matter. While the “marathon love-making” visuals aren’t ideal, I can’t really be mad when he’s shouting out Basquiat just a few bars later. Rozay is good for that - never underestimate his ability to subtly drop gems like Janet Reno robbing a jewelry store (see what I did there?). So In Love should prime fans of Ms. Michele nicely for the November 30, release of her album Let Freedom Reign. Next up, I’d really like to hear her let freedom reign and cut loose on a song. Anyone else?
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones ft. Chrisette Michele" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.