The eternal struggle between Heart and Mind is universal, and is also the subject of Chrisette Michele‘s new Chuck Harmony-produced single, So in Love. Over a muffled, pulsating bassline, the songstress laments that, “without my permission, my heart is on a mission. It’s got a mind of its own.” We’ve all been there, whether we want to admit it or not, and Chrisette should win fans for opening up about her vulnerability with such bravery. Not to be outdone, her Aston Martin Music partner Rick Ross lets down his Teflon Don armor, imparting his own sentiments on the matter. While the “marathon love-making” visuals aren’t ideal, I can’t really be mad when he’s shouting out Basquiat just a few bars later. Rozay is good for that - never underestimate his ability to subtly drop gems like Janet Reno robbing a jewelry store (see what I did there?). So In Love should prime fans of Ms. Michele nicely for the November 30, release of her album Let Freedom Reign. Next up, I’d really like to hear her let freedom reign and cut loose on a song. Anyone else?
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 11/9/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones ft. Chrisette Michele" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.