The eternal struggle between Heart and Mind is universal, and is also the subject of Chrisette Michele‘s new Chuck Harmony-produced single, So in Love. Over a muffled, pulsating bassline, the songstress laments that, “without my permission, my heart is on a mission. It’s got a mind of its own.” We’ve all been there, whether we want to admit it or not, and Chrisette should win fans for opening up about her vulnerability with such bravery. Not to be outdone, her Aston Martin Music partner Rick Ross lets down his Teflon Don armor, imparting his own sentiments on the matter. While the “marathon love-making” visuals aren’t ideal, I can’t really be mad when he’s shouting out Basquiat just a few bars later. Rozay is good for that - never underestimate his ability to subtly drop gems like Janet Reno robbing a jewelry store (see what I did there?). So In Love should prime fans of Ms. Michele nicely for the November 30, release of her album Let Freedom Reign. Next up, I’d really like to hear her let freedom reign and cut loose on a song. Anyone else?
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones ft. Chrisette Michele" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.