Although Def Jam‘s resident ‘soul songbird’ Chrisette Michele has a stronger set of values than most other R&B acts, she isn’t afraid to admit her temptations. If I Had My Way finds Michele singing about being in love with her man, but since she’s saving herself, all she can think of is making sweet love. If I Had My Way is gradually gaining speed on the Billboard charts, although the songstress isn’t really looking for pop success. However, longevity in the industry should be well within reach; If I Had My Way is the kind of music that never seems to wear out.
Listen to More: Chrisette Michele Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones ft. Chrisette Michele" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.