Although Def Jam‘s resident ‘soul songbird’ Chrisette Michele has a stronger set of values than most other R&B acts, she isn’t afraid to admit her temptations. If I Had My Way finds Michele singing about being in love with her man, but since she’s saving herself, all she can think of is making sweet love. If I Had My Way is gradually gaining speed on the Billboard charts, although the songstress isn’t really looking for pop success. However, longevity in the industry should be well within reach; If I Had My Way is the kind of music that never seems to wear out.
Written by Burmy on 09/10/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.