Although Def Jam‘s resident ‘soul songbird’ Chrisette Michele has a stronger set of values than most other R&B acts, she isn’t afraid to admit her temptations. If I Had My Way finds Michele singing about being in love with her man, but since she’s saving herself, all she can think of is making sweet love. If I Had My Way is gradually gaining speed on the Billboard charts, although the songstress isn’t really looking for pop success. However, longevity in the industry should be well within reach; If I Had My Way is the kind of music that never seems to wear out.
Written by Burmy on 09/10/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.