In contrast to her debut album, I Am, which featured a heavy “vintage-jazz” influence, Chrisette Michele‘s sophomore album, Epiphany, has a “hip-hop soul” sound that Booth-heads simply ADORE. That stylistic shift is especially evident on the singer’s new semi-single, the official remix to Fragile. Here, Chrisette rejoins forces with a much-buzzed-about past collaborator (on The Roots’ Rising Up) who hails from one of her favorite places to visit (greater Washington, D.C.). That’s right, we have Wale on the intro verse; hoping to get away from some baby-mama drama of his own, he’s offering to be Chrissy’s “Mr. Fix-It”. In addition to boosting sales for Epiphany (out now), this cut is sure to stir up buzz for the September 22nd release of Wale’s debut album, Attention: Deficit. Watch for the track’s forthcoming Internet video to premiere soon!
Written by Burmy on 07/27/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)