In contrast to her debut album, I Am, which featured a heavy “vintage-jazz” influence, Chrisette Michele‘s sophomore album, Epiphany, has a “hip-hop soul” sound that Booth-heads simply ADORE. That stylistic shift is especially evident on the singer’s new semi-single, the official remix to Fragile. Here, Chrisette rejoins forces with a much-buzzed-about past collaborator (on The Roots’ Rising Up) who hails from one of her favorite places to visit (greater Washington, D.C.). That’s right, we have Wale on the intro verse; hoping to get away from some baby-mama drama of his own, he’s offering to be Chrissy’s “Mr. Fix-It”. In addition to boosting sales for Epiphany (out now), this cut is sure to stir up buzz for the September 22nd release of Wale’s debut album, Attention: Deficit. Watch for the track’s forthcoming Internet video to premiere soon!
Written by Burmy on 07/27/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones ft. Chrisette Michele" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)