In contrast to her debut album, I Am, which featured a heavy “vintage-jazz” influence, Chrisette Michele‘s sophomore album, Epiphany, has a “hip-hop soul” sound that Booth-heads simply ADORE. That stylistic shift is especially evident on the singer’s new semi-single, the official remix to Fragile. Here, Chrisette rejoins forces with a much-buzzed-about past collaborator (on The Roots’ Rising Up) who hails from one of her favorite places to visit (greater Washington, D.C.). That’s right, we have Wale on the intro verse; hoping to get away from some baby-mama drama of his own, he’s offering to be Chrissy’s “Mr. Fix-It”. In addition to boosting sales for Epiphany (out now), this cut is sure to stir up buzz for the September 22nd release of Wale’s debut album, Attention: Deficit. Watch for the track’s forthcoming Internet video to premiere soon!
Written by Burmy on 07/27/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones ft. Chrisette Michele" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.