In contrast to her debut album, I Am, which featured a heavy “vintage-jazz” influence, Chrisette Michele‘s sophomore album, Epiphany, has a “hip-hop soul” sound that Booth-heads simply ADORE. That stylistic shift is especially evident on the singer’s new semi-single, the official remix to Fragile. Here, Chrisette rejoins forces with a much-buzzed-about past collaborator (on The Roots’ Rising Up) who hails from one of her favorite places to visit (greater Washington, D.C.). That’s right, we have Wale on the intro verse; hoping to get away from some baby-mama drama of his own, he’s offering to be Chrissy’s “Mr. Fix-It”. In addition to boosting sales for Epiphany (out now), this cut is sure to stir up buzz for the September 22nd release of Wale’s debut album, Attention: Deficit. Watch for the track’s forthcoming Internet video to premiere soon!
Written by Burmy on 07/27/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones ft. Chrisette Michele" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.