In contrast to her debut album, I Am, which featured a heavy “vintage-jazz” influence, Chrisette Michele‘s sophomore album, Epiphany, has a “hip-hop soul” sound that Booth-heads simply ADORE. That stylistic shift is especially evident on the singer’s new semi-single, the official remix to Fragile. Here, Chrisette rejoins forces with a much-buzzed-about past collaborator (on The Roots’ Rising Up) who hails from one of her favorite places to visit (greater Washington, D.C.). That’s right, we have Wale on the intro verse; hoping to get away from some baby-mama drama of his own, he’s offering to be Chrissy’s “Mr. Fix-It”. In addition to boosting sales for Epiphany (out now), this cut is sure to stir up buzz for the September 22nd release of Wale’s debut album, Attention: Deficit. Watch for the track’s forthcoming Internet video to premiere soon!
Written by Burmy on 07/27/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.