Chrisette Michele may swim with the current of musical inspiration, but she stays solid as a boulder when it comes to her principles. Tired of the vicious circle of her man doing wrong, apologizing, and repeating the same mistakes time and time again, Ms. Michele lets him know that, this time around, whether or not she lets him back in will depend on “What You Do.” Many of the track’s highlights come courtesy of the singer’s Def Jam labelmate, Ne-Yo, who contributes background vocals as well as handling songwriting and production duties; the end result recaptures the jazzy, old-school magic that made listeners love I Am, and should serve as a perfect lead-in to Epiphany‘s May 5th release. Let’s hope Michele’s musical formula will catch on with younger crowd (it will always appeal to us old souls).
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones ft. Chrisette Michele" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!