Chrisette Michele may swim with the current of musical inspiration, but she stays solid as a boulder when it comes to her principles. Tired of the vicious circle of her man doing wrong, apologizing, and repeating the same mistakes time and time again, Ms. Michele lets him know that, this time around, whether or not she lets him back in will depend on “What You Do.” Many of the track’s highlights come courtesy of the singer’s Def Jam labelmate, Ne-Yo, who contributes background vocals as well as handling songwriting and production duties; the end result recaptures the jazzy, old-school magic that made listeners love I Am, and should serve as a perfect lead-in to Epiphany‘s May 5th release. Let’s hope Michele’s musical formula will catch on with younger crowd (it will always appeal to us old souls).
Written by Burmy on 04/14/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones ft. Chrisette Michele" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.