Months before her debut album I Am arrived in stores, Chrisette Michele was making her name well known. Featured on songs by both Jay-Z (Lost Ones) and Nas (Can’t Forget About You) Ms. Michele easily built up the hype that currently surrounds her name. Off her new studio album, the track Be OK is a collaboration with Black Eyed Peas impresario, Will.I.Am. and sets a lively mood for a nighttime jazz club. Chrisette isn’t Beyonce and isn’t trying to be. Although her vocal style sounds similar to newcomer Amy Winehouse, her tempo and ability are closer to that of Amerie; not bad if you ask me.
Written by DJ Z on 06/20/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.