Months before her debut album I Am arrived in stores, Chrisette Michele was making her name well known. Featured on songs by both Jay-Z (Lost Ones) and Nas (Can’t Forget About You) Ms. Michele easily built up the hype that currently surrounds her name. Off her new studio album, the track Be OK is a collaboration with Black Eyed Peas impresario, Will.I.Am. and sets a lively mood for a nighttime jazz club. Chrisette isn’t Beyonce and isn’t trying to be. Although her vocal style sounds similar to newcomer Amy Winehouse, her tempo and ability are closer to that of Amerie; not bad if you ask me.
Written by DJ Z on 06/20/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones ft. Chrisette Michele" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.