Months before her debut album I Am arrived in stores, Chrisette Michele was making her name well known. Featured on songs by both Jay-Z (Lost Ones) and Nas (Can’t Forget About You) Ms. Michele easily built up the hype that currently surrounds her name. Off her new studio album, the track Be OK is a collaboration with Black Eyed Peas impresario, Will.I.Am. and sets a lively mood for a nighttime jazz club. Chrisette isn’t Beyonce and isn’t trying to be. Although her vocal style sounds similar to newcomer Amy Winehouse, her tempo and ability are closer to that of Amerie; not bad if you ask me.
Written by DJ Z on 06/20/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.