Months before her debut album I Am arrived in stores, Chrisette Michele was making her name well known. Featured on songs by both Jay-Z (Lost Ones) and Nas (Can’t Forget About You) Ms. Michele easily built up the hype that currently surrounds her name. Off her new studio album, the track Be OK is a collaboration with Black Eyed Peas impresario, Will.I.Am. and sets a lively mood for a nighttime jazz club. Chrisette isn’t Beyonce and isn’t trying to be. Although her vocal style sounds similar to newcomer Amy Winehouse, her tempo and ability are closer to that of Amerie; not bad if you ask me.
Listen to More: Chrisette Michele
Written by DJ Z on 06/20/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones ft. Chrisette Michele" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.