Months before her debut album I Am arrived in stores, Chrisette Michele was making her name well known. Featured on songs by both Jay-Z (Lost Ones) and Nas (Can’t Forget About You) Ms. Michele easily built up the hype that currently surrounds her name. Off her new studio album, the track Be OK is a collaboration with Black Eyed Peas impresario, Will.I.Am. and sets a lively mood for a nighttime jazz club. Chrisette isn’t Beyonce and isn’t trying to be. Although her vocal style sounds similar to newcomer Amy Winehouse, her tempo and ability are closer to that of Amerie; not bad if you ask me.
Written by DJ Z on 06/20/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Ones" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.