This past November, Washington State voted along with Colorado to take the monumental progressive step of legalizing marijuana. I’ll give you three guesses as to what Booth newcomer Chris Young the Rapper is doing to celebrate the occasion, and the first two don’t count. The artist’s first collaboration with Les Professionels, this freshly-released remix of Stoned finds the Philly production team/DJ collective concocting a hip-swiveling electro backdrop for the Virginian emcee’s stylishly blunted bars, as well as the hazy guest rhymes of Hieroglyphics vet Del the Funky Homosapien. A dope listen whether or not you partake, this THC-soaked selection isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can stay tuned to the Booth for the latest news and tunes from all involved.
Written by richard on 12/10/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.