This past November, Washington State voted along with Colorado to take the monumental progressive step of legalizing marijuana. I’ll give you three guesses as to what Booth newcomer Chris Young the Rapper is doing to celebrate the occasion, and the first two don’t count. The artist’s first collaboration with Les Professionels, this freshly-released remix of Stoned finds the Philly production team/DJ collective concocting a hip-swiveling electro backdrop for the Virginian emcee’s stylishly blunted bars, as well as the hazy guest rhymes of Hieroglyphics vet Del the Funky Homosapien. A dope listen whether or not you partake, this THC-soaked selection isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can stay tuned to the Booth for the latest news and tunes from all involved.
Written by richard on 12/10/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.