Being in love isn’t just like a habit-forming drug—it is one. When you’re in the beginning stages of romantic attraction, your brain starts to secrete amphetamine, and that initial kick is followed by a cocktail of neurotransmitters including phenylethylamine, dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin. So when Booth newcomer Chris Wynter justifies his love-em-and-leave-em philosophy by saying he’s scared of getting addicted to one woman’s Cocaine Kisses, well, the man’s got a point. With Anthem and Slae‘s fluttering piano samples as his canvas, the Kingston-born, Ft. Lauderdale-based emcee gives a straightforward, almost apologetic account of his chronic playerism, paying tribute to the many women he’s had to cut loose over the years. Singer Joel Wolfe echoes the headliner’s sentiments on his smooth chorus. Feeling it? The project to which Cocaine Kisses will be attached has yet to receive a title or drop date, but fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest from this talented hip-hop buzzmaker.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view the Bugsy el Chino-directed visuals for Cocaine Kisses.
Written by richard on 11/28/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.