Being in love isn’t just like a habit-forming drug—it is one. When you’re in the beginning stages of romantic attraction, your brain starts to secrete amphetamine, and that initial kick is followed by a cocktail of neurotransmitters including phenylethylamine, dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin. So when Booth newcomer Chris Wynter justifies his love-em-and-leave-em philosophy by saying he’s scared of getting addicted to one woman’s Cocaine Kisses, well, the man’s got a point. With Anthem and Slae‘s fluttering piano samples as his canvas, the Kingston-born, Ft. Lauderdale-based emcee gives a straightforward, almost apologetic account of his chronic playerism, paying tribute to the many women he’s had to cut loose over the years. Singer Joel Wolfe echoes the headliner’s sentiments on his smooth chorus. Feeling it? The project to which Cocaine Kisses will be attached has yet to receive a title or drop date, but fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest from this talented hip-hop buzzmaker.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view the Bugsy el Chino-directed visuals for Cocaine Kisses.
Written by richard on 11/28/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.