The hip-hop game hasn’t always been kind to Chris Webby; the struggles he’s faced on his come-up have even, at times, tempted him to cut his losses and call it quits. There may come a day when the Connecticut representative hangs up the mic, but it most definitely Won’t Be Today. On his latest promotional single, he assures fans that he’s in it for the long haul, touting his dedication to the hustle over piano-driven boardwork by Prestige. Garden State heavyweight Joe Budden showcases his narrative chops on the middle verse. This grind anthem isn’t attached to any larger project, but fans should keep it locked; we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes from both Chris Webby and Joey Jumpoff.
Written by richard on 03/5/14
It's been seven months since our last appointment with Dr. Chris Webby—i.e., the release of his Homegrown EP—so it's high time to come in for a routine physical. Not a moment too soon, the Connecticut buzzmaker returns...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)