Update: Click “Watch Video” above to view the Wait A Minute video. Mobile users can scroll down.
Although Freestyle Series Alum Chris Webby has been absent from the Booth since May release I’m In Here, the emcee marks his return with a banger of a track featuring fellow buzzing newcomer Kid Ink and H-Town’s own Bun B. Webby is purely about the paper chase on the Sap-produced Wait A Minute as he raps, “Not to sound conceited, but I worked my f**kin a** off/ I’d be a dumb motherf**ker if I let the women take away from me stacking my cash dawg.” Despite “being about his bread,” Webby still takes time to shout out his mom on the record therefore putting him in the running for Genuine Rapper of the Year. Wait A Minute will be featured on Webby’s forthcoming, DJ Drama-hosted mixtape Bars On Me. Expect appearances and production from a who’s who of rap including Emilio Rojas, Jon Connor, and Ski Beatz.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.