After Saturday’s THC-drenched festivities, casual marijuana users are likely feeling a little burnt out. For those elite smokers who rolled out of bed this morning ready for another blunt, through, Chris Webby‘s latest promo single could hardly be a better soundtrack to the first toke of 4/21. Released, along with DanTheMan‘s official visuals, in honor of the holiday, Turnt Up is a reggae-flavored ode to loud weed and free-flowing liquor. Joining the Norwalk, Connecticut rhymesayer over Brix’ slow-rolling boardwork, Funk Volume‘s Dizzy Wright lends his rapid-fire flows to verse two. This record isn’t attached to a larger project, but listeners craving more from Webby are strongly advised to check out his Bars on Me tape, released last fall and available at The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 04/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)