After Saturday’s THC-drenched festivities, casual marijuana users are likely feeling a little burnt out. For those elite smokers who rolled out of bed this morning ready for another blunt, through, Chris Webby‘s latest promo single could hardly be a better soundtrack to the first toke of 4/21. Released, along with DanTheMan‘s official visuals, in honor of the holiday, Turnt Up is a reggae-flavored ode to loud weed and free-flowing liquor. Joining the Norwalk, Connecticut rhymesayer over Brix’ slow-rolling boardwork, Funk Volume‘s Dizzy Wright lends his rapid-fire flows to verse two. This record isn’t attached to a larger project, but listeners craving more from Webby are strongly advised to check out his Bars on Me tape, released last fall and available at The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 04/21/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)