After Saturday’s THC-drenched festivities, casual marijuana users are likely feeling a little burnt out. For those elite smokers who rolled out of bed this morning ready for another blunt, through, Chris Webby‘s latest promo single could hardly be a better soundtrack to the first toke of 4/21. Released, along with DanTheMan‘s official visuals, in honor of the holiday, Turnt Up is a reggae-flavored ode to loud weed and free-flowing liquor. Joining the Norwalk, Connecticut rhymesayer over Brix’ slow-rolling boardwork, Funk Volume‘s Dizzy Wright lends his rapid-fire flows to verse two. This record isn’t attached to a larger project, but listeners craving more from Webby are strongly advised to check out his Bars on Me tape, released last fall and available at The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 04/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.