After Saturday’s THC-drenched festivities, casual marijuana users are likely feeling a little burnt out. For those elite smokers who rolled out of bed this morning ready for another blunt, through, Chris Webby‘s latest promo single could hardly be a better soundtrack to the first toke of 4/21. Released, along with DanTheMan‘s official visuals, in honor of the holiday, Turnt Up is a reggae-flavored ode to loud weed and free-flowing liquor. Joining the Norwalk, Connecticut rhymesayer over Brix’ slow-rolling boardwork, Funk Volume‘s Dizzy Wright lends his rapid-fire flows to verse two. This record isn’t attached to a larger project, but listeners craving more from Webby are strongly advised to check out his Bars on Me tape, released last fall and available at The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 04/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.