If you ain’t Chris Webby‘s homie, you had best Tread Lightly around the Connecticut buzzmaker. On his latest single, he warns sucker emcees, “All I need is 16 bars, I swear I could end your life.” Demigodz mic-murderer Apathy guests on this grimy selection, jumping on DJ Semi‘s string-laced boardwork to deliver a middle 16 filled with bruising trash-talk and witty wordplay. Hunter Lyons directs the official visuals, which are set in and around a boxing ring. Fans can find Tread Lightly and much more on Webby’s The Checkup mixtape, out now online.
Written by richard on 07/17/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.