Like all kids—and most adults; let’s be real—the young Chris Webby fantasized about possessing Superhuman powers like the heroes in cartoons and comic books. But he didn’t just daydream. He also put in the work to make it happen. On a new single off his latest street album, the Connecticut repper rhymes about the long years of hustle, dating back to his early childhood, that underlie his uncanny mic abilities. DJ Semi backs his bars with a thematically-appropriate flip of Three Doors Down’s Superman, and frequent Webby collaborator Hunter Lyon provides a visual companion piece to the lyrical narrative. Fans can find Superhuman and much more on The Checkup, available for streaming and download right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 07/31/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.