Like all kids—and most adults; let’s be real—the young Chris Webby fantasized about possessing Superhuman powers like the heroes in cartoons and comic books. But he didn’t just daydream. He also put in the work to make it happen. On a new single off his latest street album, the Connecticut repper rhymes about the long years of hustle, dating back to his early childhood, that underlie his uncanny mic abilities. DJ Semi backs his bars with a thematically-appropriate flip of Three Doors Down’s Superman, and frequent Webby collaborator Hunter Lyon provides a visual companion piece to the lyrical narrative. Fans can find Superhuman and much more on The Checkup, available for streaming and download right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 07/31/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.