Like all kids—and most adults; let’s be real—the young Chris Webby fantasized about possessing Superhuman powers like the heroes in cartoons and comic books. But he didn’t just daydream. He also put in the work to make it happen. On a new single off his latest street album, the Connecticut repper rhymes about the long years of hustle, dating back to his early childhood, that underlie his uncanny mic abilities. DJ Semi backs his bars with a thematically-appropriate flip of Three Doors Down’s Superman, and frequent Webby collaborator Hunter Lyon provides a visual companion piece to the lyrical narrative. Fans can find Superhuman and much more on The Checkup, available for streaming and download right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 07/31/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.