Like all kids—and most adults; let’s be real—the young Chris Webby fantasized about possessing Superhuman powers like the heroes in cartoons and comic books. But he didn’t just daydream. He also put in the work to make it happen. On a new single off his latest street album, the Connecticut repper rhymes about the long years of hustle, dating back to his early childhood, that underlie his uncanny mic abilities. DJ Semi backs his bars with a thematically-appropriate flip of Three Doors Down’s Superman, and frequent Webby collaborator Hunter Lyon provides a visual companion piece to the lyrical narrative. Fans can find Superhuman and much more on The Checkup, available for streaming and download right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 07/31/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)