While the arrival of a new record by Chris Webby is a big Problem for the competition, the only dilemma fans face is whether to listen to it right away, or prepare a snack first in order to experience the cut with your critical faculties functioning at peak level (I chose the latter). That potential snag aside, the freestyle series alum‘s latest offering couldn’t be easier to enjoy. Inspired by a line from Weezy‘s A Milli, this banger finds Big K.R.I.T. blending high-impact percussion with delicate ivory-tinkling as Webby touts his skills and annihilates the haters, in the process showcasing some of the most aggressive flows we’ve heard from him to date. Between Webby’s contributions, our favorite Meridian, Mississippi representative steps out from behind the boards to flaunt his tricked-out whip and paper stacks in an equally head-turning middle 16. The headliner says it best: “This isn’t algebra baby, but I’m a f*cking problem.” Fans can expect plenty more mathemagically dope hip-hop brain-teasers on Webby’s forthcoming street album, set to drop sometime this fall. And don’t worry – graphing calculators are not required.
Written by richard on 10/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.