While the arrival of a new record by Chris Webby is a big Problem for the competition, the only dilemma fans face is whether to listen to it right away, or prepare a snack first in order to experience the cut with your critical faculties functioning at peak level (I chose the latter). That potential snag aside, the freestyle series alum‘s latest offering couldn’t be easier to enjoy. Inspired by a line from Weezy‘s A Milli, this banger finds Big K.R.I.T. blending high-impact percussion with delicate ivory-tinkling as Webby touts his skills and annihilates the haters, in the process showcasing some of the most aggressive flows we’ve heard from him to date. Between Webby’s contributions, our favorite Meridian, Mississippi representative steps out from behind the boards to flaunt his tricked-out whip and paper stacks in an equally head-turning middle 16. The headliner says it best: “This isn’t algebra baby, but I’m a f*cking problem.” Fans can expect plenty more mathemagically dope hip-hop brain-teasers on Webby’s forthcoming street album, set to drop sometime this fall. And don’t worry – graphing calculators are not required.
Written by richard on 10/14/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.