While the arrival of a new record by Chris Webby is a big Problem for the competition, the only dilemma fans face is whether to listen to it right away, or prepare a snack first in order to experience the cut with your critical faculties functioning at peak level (I chose the latter). That potential snag aside, the freestyle series alum‘s latest offering couldn’t be easier to enjoy. Inspired by a line from Weezy‘s A Milli, this banger finds Big K.R.I.T. blending high-impact percussion with delicate ivory-tinkling as Webby touts his skills and annihilates the haters, in the process showcasing some of the most aggressive flows we’ve heard from him to date. Between Webby’s contributions, our favorite Meridian, Mississippi representative steps out from behind the boards to flaunt his tricked-out whip and paper stacks in an equally head-turning middle 16. The headliner says it best: “This isn’t algebra baby, but I’m a f*cking problem.” Fans can expect plenty more mathemagically dope hip-hop brain-teasers on Webby’s forthcoming street album, set to drop sometime this fall. And don’t worry – graphing calculators are not required.
Written by richard on 10/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.