The last time we heard from Webby he was battling the classic arch-villain that is Bowser, but having apparently rescued the Princess and returned safely back home, Webby is now simply looking to let the world know that I’m In Here. JStarz provides the beat for In Here, laying down a haunting vocal sample (can anyone place it?) over a light piano line and eerily ambient sound effects. It’s not exactly the kind of instrumental you’d expect to hear Killa Kyleon on, but the Lone Star rapper acquits himself well, laying down a solid and honest middle 16 that finds him graciously accepting the award for Realest Rapper Alive. As for the headliner, Webby drops the kind of complexly written bars we’ve come to expect from him, most notably addressing the importance of race in hip-hop, “They label me with Miller and Yela because I’m white / but your color ain’t a factor when you’re lyrically precise.” While this one isn’t attached to a larger project (yet), Webby’s been in The DJBooth for a minute now, a trend we can only expect to continue. Keep it locked.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/1/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.