The last time we heard from Webby he was battling the classic arch-villain that is Bowser, but having apparently rescued the Princess and returned safely back home, Webby is now simply looking to let the world know that I’m In Here. JStarz provides the beat for In Here, laying down a haunting vocal sample (can anyone place it?) over a light piano line and eerily ambient sound effects. It’s not exactly the kind of instrumental you’d expect to hear Killa Kyleon on, but the Lone Star rapper acquits himself well, laying down a solid and honest middle 16 that finds him graciously accepting the award for Realest Rapper Alive. As for the headliner, Webby drops the kind of complexly written bars we’ve come to expect from him, most notably addressing the importance of race in hip-hop, “They label me with Miller and Yela because I’m white / but your color ain’t a factor when you’re lyrically precise.” While this one isn’t attached to a larger project (yet), Webby’s been in The DJBooth for a minute now, a trend we can only expect to continue. Keep it locked.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/1/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.