The last time we heard from Webby he was battling the classic arch-villain that is Bowser, but having apparently rescued the Princess and returned safely back home, Webby is now simply looking to let the world know that I’m In Here. JStarz provides the beat for In Here, laying down a haunting vocal sample (can anyone place it?) over a light piano line and eerily ambient sound effects. It’s not exactly the kind of instrumental you’d expect to hear Killa Kyleon on, but the Lone Star rapper acquits himself well, laying down a solid and honest middle 16 that finds him graciously accepting the award for Realest Rapper Alive. As for the headliner, Webby drops the kind of complexly written bars we’ve come to expect from him, most notably addressing the importance of race in hip-hop, “They label me with Miller and Yela because I’m white / but your color ain’t a factor when you’re lyrically precise.” While this one isn’t attached to a larger project (yet), Webby’s been in The DJBooth for a minute now, a trend we can only expect to continue. Keep it locked.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/1/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.