Connecticut emcee Chris Webby is back with I’m Gone, the third single off of his successful EP There Goes The Neighborhood (following the title track and the acclaimed single Fragile Lives earlier in the year). The unsigned Webby latches onto Sap for the production, who provides Webby with a beat laced with synths, guitar and heavy percussion. On the mic, The DJBooth Freestyle Series alum shows off some great rhymes, while talking about the role that drugs happen to play in his everyday life with lines like, “No losin’ so let me get it, maneuvering with the quickness, I’m the reason my local pharmacy is still in business.” Webby’s EP, There Goes The Neighborhood is available for purchase now on iTunes, so be sure to give it a listen if you haven’t already!
Written by Dillon White on 03/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.