Connecticut emcee Chris Webby is back with I’m Gone, the third single off of his successful EP There Goes The Neighborhood (following the title track and the acclaimed single Fragile Lives earlier in the year). The unsigned Webby latches onto Sap for the production, who provides Webby with a beat laced with synths, guitar and heavy percussion. On the mic, The DJBooth Freestyle Series alum shows off some great rhymes, while talking about the role that drugs happen to play in his everyday life with lines like, “No losin’ so let me get it, maneuvering with the quickness, I’m the reason my local pharmacy is still in business.” Webby’s EP, There Goes The Neighborhood is available for purchase now on iTunes, so be sure to give it a listen if you haven’t already!
Written by Dillon White on 03/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.