Last week, Connecticut rhymesayer Chris Webby stepped into the Booth with Look at My Name, an EP single which found him boasting of his increasing clout in the hip-hop game. Turns out he had even more to celebrate than he was letting on; today, the Connecticut rhymesayer officially announced his signing to eOne. To commemorate the occasion, he’s liberated another fresh record off his next street release. On smoky street banger Down Right, Remo the Hitmaker‘s droning synths and clattering hi-hats back Webby as he spits rapid-fire bars on the ever-popular topics of weed, women and whips. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on The Homegrown EP, dropping digitally Thursday, October 10.
Written by richard on 08/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.