Update: We have added the Dan The Man-directed visuals for Chris Webby’s Do Like Me.
Some rappers shudder at the idea of young and impressionable listeners emulating their antisocial behavior. Chris Webby, on the other hand, would love nothing more than to turn his fans into an army of blunt-puffing, liquor-swilling, brassiere-unhooking Webby clones. On mixtape single Do Like Me, follow-up to the reader-acclaimed Blue Skies, the Connecticut emcee invites us to learn from his example as he runs down the activities of his typical evening, which include getting faded on weed, whiskey and pills, fleeing the Five-O on the drive home and getting it in on his parents’ Tempur-Pedic mattress. Beatsmith Ned Cameron provides an appropriately raucous, club-ready backdrop for the artist’s bars. Webby’s Homegrown EP is scheduled for digital release Tuesday, November 12, but y’all will get a sneak peek the preceding Monday, when the project hits The DJBooth for full, free streaming.
Written by richard on 01/23/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.