Update: We have added the Dan The Man-directed visuals for Chris Webby’s Do Like Me.
Some rappers shudder at the idea of young and impressionable listeners emulating their antisocial behavior. Chris Webby, on the other hand, would love nothing more than to turn his fans into an army of blunt-puffing, liquor-swilling, brassiere-unhooking Webby clones. On mixtape single Do Like Me, follow-up to the reader-acclaimed Blue Skies, the Connecticut emcee invites us to learn from his example as he runs down the activities of his typical evening, which include getting faded on weed, whiskey and pills, fleeing the Five-O on the drive home and getting it in on his parents’ Tempur-Pedic mattress. Beatsmith Ned Cameron provides an appropriately raucous, club-ready backdrop for the artist’s bars. Webby’s Homegrown EP is scheduled for digital release Tuesday, November 12, but y’all will get a sneak peek the preceding Monday, when the project hits The DJBooth for full, free streaming.
Written by richard on 01/23/14
Connecticut rhymesayer Chris Webby has released his latest collection of original material, the Homegrown EP. The artist's first retail release since 2011's There Goes the Neighborhood EP and his first since signing with...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.