Update: We have added the Dan The Man-directed visuals for Chris Webby’s Do Like Me.
Some rappers shudder at the idea of young and impressionable listeners emulating their antisocial behavior. Chris Webby, on the other hand, would love nothing more than to turn his fans into an army of blunt-puffing, liquor-swilling, brassiere-unhooking Webby clones. On mixtape single Do Like Me, follow-up to the reader-acclaimed Blue Skies, the Connecticut emcee invites us to learn from his example as he runs down the activities of his typical evening, which include getting faded on weed, whiskey and pills, fleeing the Five-O on the drive home and getting it in on his parents’ Tempur-Pedic mattress. Beatsmith Ned Cameron provides an appropriately raucous, club-ready backdrop for the artist’s bars. Webby’s Homegrown EP is scheduled for digital release Tuesday, November 12, but y’all will get a sneak peek the preceding Monday, when the project hits The DJBooth for full, free streaming.
Written by richard on 01/23/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)