Update: We have added the Dan The Man-directed visuals for Chris Webby’s Do Like Me.
Some rappers shudder at the idea of young and impressionable listeners emulating their antisocial behavior. Chris Webby, on the other hand, would love nothing more than to turn his fans into an army of blunt-puffing, liquor-swilling, brassiere-unhooking Webby clones. On mixtape single Do Like Me, follow-up to the reader-acclaimed Blue Skies, the Connecticut emcee invites us to learn from his example as he runs down the activities of his typical evening, which include getting faded on weed, whiskey and pills, fleeing the Five-O on the drive home and getting it in on his parents’ Tempur-Pedic mattress. Beatsmith Ned Cameron provides an appropriately raucous, club-ready backdrop for the artist’s bars. Webby’s Homegrown EP is scheduled for digital release Tuesday, November 12, but y’all will get a sneak peek the preceding Monday, when the project hits The DJBooth for full, free streaming.
Written by richard on 01/23/14
Connecticut rhymesayer Chris Webby has released his latest collection of original material, the Homegrown EP. The artist's first retail release since 2011's There Goes the Neighborhood EP and his first since signing with...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.