You could hate on Chris Webby, but what good would it do? Anyone with ears can hear that the Connecticut buzzmaker’s got skills; if his stellar Booth résumé to date has somehow failed to convince you that his mic-rocking abilities are beyond reproach, though, his latest offering should drive the point home. The final leak off Webby’s forthcoming full-length, Can’t Deny Me finds Boston heavyweight Statik Selektah flipping a sample from Hova‘s I Just Wanna Love U (Give It 2 Me) into a head-nodding, organ-led instrumental as the freestyle series alum gives a full demonstration of his lyrical prowess. Unsurprisingly, he comes fast and furious with the similes, showcasing his expertise in the fields of astronomy (“Got ‘em seein’ stars like Galileo and Copernicus”), mythology (“Clashin’ with the motherf*ckin titans like Perseus…”) and… scatology (“I’m runnin’ sh*t like Mr. Hanky on a treadmill.”). Oh, and he rhymes the “Perseus” line with “perky tits” – how great is that? If Chris Webby’s won you over with his latest banger, there’s plenty more where this come from on Best in the Burbs, released today and out now online.
Written by richard on 12/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.