You could hate on Chris Webby, but what good would it do? Anyone with ears can hear that the Connecticut buzzmaker’s got skills; if his stellar Booth résumé to date has somehow failed to convince you that his mic-rocking abilities are beyond reproach, though, his latest offering should drive the point home. The final leak off Webby’s forthcoming full-length, Can’t Deny Me finds Boston heavyweight Statik Selektah flipping a sample from Hova‘s I Just Wanna Love U (Give It 2 Me) into a head-nodding, organ-led instrumental as the freestyle series alum gives a full demonstration of his lyrical prowess. Unsurprisingly, he comes fast and furious with the similes, showcasing his expertise in the fields of astronomy (“Got ‘em seein’ stars like Galileo and Copernicus”), mythology (“Clashin’ with the motherf*ckin titans like Perseus…”) and… scatology (“I’m runnin’ sh*t like Mr. Hanky on a treadmill.”). Oh, and he rhymes the “Perseus” line with “perky tits” – how great is that? If Chris Webby’s won you over with his latest banger, there’s plenty more where this come from on Best in the Burbs, released today and out now online.
Written by richard on 12/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.