You could hate on Chris Webby, but what good would it do? Anyone with ears can hear that the Connecticut buzzmaker’s got skills; if his stellar Booth résumé to date has somehow failed to convince you that his mic-rocking abilities are beyond reproach, though, his latest offering should drive the point home. The final leak off Webby’s forthcoming full-length, Can’t Deny Me finds Boston heavyweight Statik Selektah flipping a sample from Hova‘s I Just Wanna Love U (Give It 2 Me) into a head-nodding, organ-led instrumental as the freestyle series alum gives a full demonstration of his lyrical prowess. Unsurprisingly, he comes fast and furious with the similes, showcasing his expertise in the fields of astronomy (“Got ‘em seein’ stars like Galileo and Copernicus”), mythology (“Clashin’ with the motherf*ckin titans like Perseus…”) and… scatology (“I’m runnin’ sh*t like Mr. Hanky on a treadmill.”). Oh, and he rhymes the “Perseus” line with “perky tits” – how great is that? If Chris Webby’s won you over with his latest banger, there’s plenty more where this come from on Best in the Burbs, released today and out now online.
Written by richard on 12/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.