You could hate on Chris Webby, but what good would it do? Anyone with ears can hear that the Connecticut buzzmaker’s got skills; if his stellar Booth résumé to date has somehow failed to convince you that his mic-rocking abilities are beyond reproach, though, his latest offering should drive the point home. The final leak off Webby’s forthcoming full-length, Can’t Deny Me finds Boston heavyweight Statik Selektah flipping a sample from Hova‘s I Just Wanna Love U (Give It 2 Me) into a head-nodding, organ-led instrumental as the freestyle series alum gives a full demonstration of his lyrical prowess. Unsurprisingly, he comes fast and furious with the similes, showcasing his expertise in the fields of astronomy (“Got ‘em seein’ stars like Galileo and Copernicus”), mythology (“Clashin’ with the motherf*ckin titans like Perseus…”) and… scatology (“I’m runnin’ sh*t like Mr. Hanky on a treadmill.”). Oh, and he rhymes the “Perseus” line with “perky tits” – how great is that? If Chris Webby’s won you over with his latest banger, there’s plenty more where this come from on Best in the Burbs, released today and out now online.
Written by richard on 12/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.