Like a true ‘80s baby, Chris Webby spent his share of hours in front of the tube, playing Super Mario Bros.. Whereas most of us were on the side of the famous Italian plumber, however, the Connecticut emcee (and freestyle series alum) felt more of a kinship with the archvillain, Bowser. On his latest buzz record, J. Nicholas’ Nintendo-inspired boardwork sets an appropriately nostalgic mood as Webby spits lyrical fireballs at the competition. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging it can, of course, stay tuned for all the latest.
Written by richard on 03/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.