Like a true ‘80s baby, Chris Webby spent his share of hours in front of the tube, playing Super Mario Bros.. Whereas most of us were on the side of the famous Italian plumber, however, the Connecticut emcee (and freestyle series alum) felt more of a kinship with the archvillain, Bowser. On his latest buzz record, J. Nicholas’ Nintendo-inspired boardwork sets an appropriately nostalgic mood as Webby spits lyrical fireballs at the competition. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging it can, of course, stay tuned for all the latest.
Written by richard on 03/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.