Connecticut buzzmaker Chris Webby has weathered some stormy skies thus far in his journey to the top of the hip-hop game. Now, though, his fortunes have shifted and there are nothing but Blue Skies ahead (knock on wood). The follow-up to August’s reader-approved Down Right, this tenacious single finds the eOne signee celebrating his victory over long odds, backed by the sweeping, synth-laced production of AK. But don’t think for a second that his triumphs have made him complacent. On the back, he acknowledges, “Sh*t can change in a second, this game is do or die.” Complete with a fiery guest chorus by Long Island singer/songwriter/producer Anna Yvette, Blue Skies is just one of many quality cuts to be found on Webby’s HomeGrown EP, dropping digitally November 12.
Written by richard on 10/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.