Connecticut buzzmaker Chris Webby has weathered some stormy skies thus far in his journey to the top of the hip-hop game. Now, though, his fortunes have shifted and there are nothing but Blue Skies ahead (knock on wood). The follow-up to August’s reader-approved Down Right, this tenacious single finds the eOne signee celebrating his victory over long odds, backed by the sweeping, synth-laced production of AK. But don’t think for a second that his triumphs have made him complacent. On the back, he acknowledges, “Sh*t can change in a second, this game is do or die.” Complete with a fiery guest chorus by Long Island singer/songwriter/producer Anna Yvette, Blue Skies is just one of many quality cuts to be found on Webby’s HomeGrown EP, dropping digitally November 12.
Written by richard on 10/17/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.