No, Chris Webby hasn’t caught a case, nor is he carrying around a pocketful of Xanax (as far as I know). The “hundred bars,” the Connecticut emcee and freestyle series alumnus is toting on his latest feature are all of the dope, lyrical variety. On Webby’s latest single and the title track off his forthcoming Gangsta Grillz tape, Taylor Gang-affiliated production heavyweight Cardo flips a Bollywood sample as the emcee showcases his uncanny knack for crass braggadocio. Kicked off with one of the more attention-grabbing opening couplets I’ve heard in a minute (“I’m back up in this b**ch, it’s like a uterus / And I don’t need no lubricated condom when I’m doin’ this.”) and concluded with some formidable triple-time flows, this record is sure to leave listeners wondering what other surprises the emcee has in store on his new street album. Fans can keep it locked for more fresh song releases off the DJ Drama-hosted project, set to hit the ‘net October 1, for free digital download.
Update: Webby has released a Chad Tennies-directed video for his Bars On Me single. View below.
Written by richard on 11/22/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.