Think you can measure up to Chris Webby, Bar for Bar? If you’re confident enough to put it to the test, he’ll lyrically annihilate you any day of the week. Before you arrange a battle, though, take a listen to the Connecticut buzzmaker’s latest single; the endless barrage of punchlines he rattles off here might make you reconsider dropping that gauntlet. As Webby delivers his witty, pop-referential verses, T-Dot rapper/producer Rich Kidd serves up a stark, grimy groove driven by a minimal piano loop. Craving more dope bars? Good, because that’s exactly what you’ll find on the artist’s Homegrown EP. Featuring this joint along with reader-acclaimed singles Blue Skies and Do Like Me, the project is available now for digital purchase.
Written by richard on 11/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.