Generally speaking, the point of Brainstorming is to throw out as many different ideas as possible, in hopes that something will stick. When you’re suffering from heartache, though, you tend to have a one-track mind—and Booth newcomer Chris Turner is no exception to that rule. On the lead single off his new mixtape, a cut co-written by Jesse Boykins III, the Oakland singer follows his thoughts down winding paths that all seem to lead back to his ex-girl. J. Most backs the artist’s wistful recollections with a lush, yet melancholy sampled beat. For this wistful jam and much more, check out LOVElife is a Challenge, available for free download via AudioMack.
Written by richard on 01/11/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.