Generally speaking, the point of Brainstorming is to throw out as many different ideas as possible, in hopes that something will stick. When you’re suffering from heartache, though, you tend to have a one-track mind—and Booth newcomer Chris Turner is no exception to that rule. On the lead single off his new mixtape, a cut co-written by Jesse Boykins III, the Oakland singer follows his thoughts down winding paths that all seem to lead back to his ex-girl. J. Most backs the artist’s wistful recollections with a lush, yet melancholy sampled beat. For this wistful jam and much more, check out LOVElife is a Challenge, available for free download via AudioMack.
Written by richard on 01/11/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.