Alright, so it’s only been a week since we dropped the last single from the Booth-acclaimed Chris Sims, but the Enlightened emcee is back at it again to make sure he’s fresh in listeners’ minds (and who’s complaining?). Jumping off the week with another great Retrospecz track, Sims is giving the Booth a taste of his Time Frame in the music industry, for better or for worse. Backed by a grungy production from 21, listeners hear a darker delivery from Sims, punching through his words with ferocity while sharing his thoughts on how supporters can easily turn on you in this fickle game (“It’s me against the world, I feel like a villain”). It’s always nice to hear music that blends genres together, and this metal/hip-hop molding holds well on its own. Now I know since every…single…one…of our Booth members reads these intros thoroughly, I’m pretty sure they’ve already picked up a copy of the already-out Retrospecz since I mentioned it not a week ago. If not, GO AND GRAB A COPY, hopefully that helped. As always, be sure to keep a lock to your stop for new music, the DJBooth.net.
Written by Sigurd on 05/17/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.