Alright, so it’s only been a week since we dropped the last single from the Booth-acclaimed Chris Sims, but the Enlightened emcee is back at it again to make sure he’s fresh in listeners’ minds (and who’s complaining?). Jumping off the week with another great Retrospecz track, Sims is giving the Booth a taste of his Time Frame in the music industry, for better or for worse. Backed by a grungy production from 21, listeners hear a darker delivery from Sims, punching through his words with ferocity while sharing his thoughts on how supporters can easily turn on you in this fickle game (“It’s me against the world, I feel like a villain”). It’s always nice to hear music that blends genres together, and this metal/hip-hop molding holds well on its own. Now I know since every…single…one…of our Booth members reads these intros thoroughly, I’m pretty sure they’ve already picked up a copy of the already-out Retrospecz since I mentioned it not a week ago. If not, GO AND GRAB A COPY, hopefully that helped. As always, be sure to keep a lock to your stop for new music, the DJBooth.net.
Written by Sigurd on 05/17/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.