Alright, so it’s only been a week since we dropped the last single from the Booth-acclaimed Chris Sims, but the Enlightened emcee is back at it again to make sure he’s fresh in listeners’ minds (and who’s complaining?). Jumping off the week with another great Retrospecz track, Sims is giving the Booth a taste of his Time Frame in the music industry, for better or for worse. Backed by a grungy production from 21, listeners hear a darker delivery from Sims, punching through his words with ferocity while sharing his thoughts on how supporters can easily turn on you in this fickle game (“It’s me against the world, I feel like a villain”). It’s always nice to hear music that blends genres together, and this metal/hip-hop molding holds well on its own. Now I know since every…single…one…of our Booth members reads these intros thoroughly, I’m pretty sure they’ve already picked up a copy of the already-out Retrospecz since I mentioned it not a week ago. If not, GO AND GRAB A COPY, hopefully that helped. As always, be sure to keep a lock to your stop for new music, the DJBooth.net.
Written by Sigurd on 05/17/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.