Though it’s been a hot minute since Nas proclaimed the genre dead, there are still many heads who believe hip-hop needs rescuing from the vanity and superficiality pervading its most popular manifestations. Chris Sims is of that opinion, and he’s determined to do more than just complain about the situation. On his latest promo cut, S A V I O R, he showcases his determination to shake off those negative influences and take his craft to a higher level. Contrary to what the title may suggest, Sims doesn’t see himself as a flawless messiah; in his bars, he freely admits to his own failings, and asks a higher power to forgive his sins. The producer of the cut’s instrumental backdrop is sadly unknown, as it was submitted to Chris unlabeled, but whoever is behind the boards does the damn thing. Featuring solemn strings and vocoded harmonies, the beat echoes Kanye‘s MBDTF-era sound. Though S A V I O R isn’t part of a larger set, we’ll keep you posted on Sims’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 04/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.