Though it’s been a hot minute since Nas proclaimed the genre dead, there are still many heads who believe hip-hop needs rescuing from the vanity and superficiality pervading its most popular manifestations. Chris Sims is of that opinion, and he’s determined to do more than just complain about the situation. On his latest promo cut, S A V I O R, he showcases his determination to shake off those negative influences and take his craft to a higher level. Contrary to what the title may suggest, Sims doesn’t see himself as a flawless messiah; in his bars, he freely admits to his own failings, and asks a higher power to forgive his sins. The producer of the cut’s instrumental backdrop is sadly unknown, as it was submitted to Chris unlabeled, but whoever is behind the boards does the damn thing. Featuring solemn strings and vocoded harmonies, the beat echoes Kanye‘s MBDTF-era sound. Though S A V I O R isn’t part of a larger set, we’ll keep you posted on Sims’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 04/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.