For those who aren’t as in touch with their emotions as, say, Musiq Soulchild (who guarantees his unconditional love to a special lady on Yes, also featured this evening), relationships are frequently fraught with doubt and uncertainty. Take Booth newcomer Chris Sims, whose latest single finds him struggling with the realization that his affection for his girl may have faded. The Awesome Sound, in-house producer of Booth favorite XV, mans the boards, flipping a pensive sample from French electronic duo Télépopmusik’s breakup-themed single Close as the Michigan emcee agonizes over whether to walk out the door, or take the path of least resistance and stick around. Ultimately, guilt drives him back into her arms (“She’s so convincing that I give in, hoping to God that a miracle can sink in…”), but Sims’ misgivings on the back strongly imply that their love is not long for this world. A thought-provoking joint that should strike a chord with anyone who has difficulty letting go (so… pretty much all of us, right?), Imperfect is just one of many quality cuts set to appear on the artist’s Retrospecz mixtape, due out tomorrow (May 3).
Written by richard on 05/2/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)