For those who aren’t as in touch with their emotions as, say, Musiq Soulchild (who guarantees his unconditional love to a special lady on Yes, also featured this evening), relationships are frequently fraught with doubt and uncertainty. Take Booth newcomer Chris Sims, whose latest single finds him struggling with the realization that his affection for his girl may have faded. The Awesome Sound, in-house producer of Booth favorite XV, mans the boards, flipping a pensive sample from French electronic duo Télépopmusik’s breakup-themed single Close as the Michigan emcee agonizes over whether to walk out the door, or take the path of least resistance and stick around. Ultimately, guilt drives him back into her arms (“She’s so convincing that I give in, hoping to God that a miracle can sink in…”), but Sims’ misgivings on the back strongly imply that their love is not long for this world. A thought-provoking joint that should strike a chord with anyone who has difficulty letting go (so… pretty much all of us, right?), Imperfect is just one of many quality cuts set to appear on the artist’s Retrospecz mixtape, due out tomorrow (May 3).
Written by richard on 05/2/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)