Everybody has issues to deal with, for some the weight is a little heavier than others. For example, while I’m trying to find my calling in life Gucci Mane is figuring out his next location for another dessert tattoo. Thankfully for listeners Chris Sims is more keen on developing his craft as is evident from his latest release, Enlightenment. With his second Booth feature Sims is backed by an entrancing production from Paris Jones, sampling one of the more popular bands in the reflection game today. The unsigned emcee meets the somber notes of Coldplay with great stride, speaking on terms of career frailty in the hip-hop game and whether he is able to meet that challenge in his own life: “In ten years will I still be relevant, will I still have the choices of intelligence?” If you’re liking this epiphany, don’t hesitate to grab a copy of Sims’ latest project, Retrospecz, as it dropped May 3 (yeah, you’re already sleeping).
Written by Sigurd on 05/12/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.