Everybody has issues to deal with, for some the weight is a little heavier than others. For example, while I’m trying to find my calling in life Gucci Mane is figuring out his next location for another dessert tattoo. Thankfully for listeners Chris Sims is more keen on developing his craft as is evident from his latest release, Enlightenment. With his second Booth feature Sims is backed by an entrancing production from Paris Jones, sampling one of the more popular bands in the reflection game today. The unsigned emcee meets the somber notes of Coldplay with great stride, speaking on terms of career frailty in the hip-hop game and whether he is able to meet that challenge in his own life: “In ten years will I still be relevant, will I still have the choices of intelligence?” If you’re liking this epiphany, don’t hesitate to grab a copy of Sims’ latest project, Retrospecz, as it dropped May 3 (yeah, you’re already sleeping).
Written by Sigurd on 05/12/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.