Everybody has issues to deal with, for some the weight is a little heavier than others. For example, while I’m trying to find my calling in life Gucci Mane is figuring out his next location for another dessert tattoo. Thankfully for listeners Chris Sims is more keen on developing his craft as is evident from his latest release, Enlightenment. With his second Booth feature Sims is backed by an entrancing production from Paris Jones, sampling one of the more popular bands in the reflection game today. The unsigned emcee meets the somber notes of Coldplay with great stride, speaking on terms of career frailty in the hip-hop game and whether he is able to meet that challenge in his own life: “In ten years will I still be relevant, will I still have the choices of intelligence?” If you’re liking this epiphany, don’t hesitate to grab a copy of Sims’ latest project, Retrospecz, as it dropped May 3 (yeah, you’re already sleeping).
Written by Sigurd on 05/12/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.