When a relationship has hit the skids, any little thing can set someone off; just ask, singer/songwriter Chris Richardson. On his latest effort, the YMCMB crooner asks his girl “Why You Mad?” and then proceeds to pressure her into a shot so that she’ll soon forget she was ever upset in the first place. With a smooth, bubbly style that has definitive pop appeal, I’d imagine it would be difficult for Chris’ better half to keep him in the doghouse for very long. Joining Richardson over Willie Donut‘s airy, croaking-drum production is labelmate and wingman Caskey, who provides insight into a troubled relationship with an equally as charismatic, catchy flow. Legit Looks directs the song’s official visuals. There is no word on Richardson’s debut album, but don’t get mad. Just keep it locked to The DJBooth for future developments.
Cash Money Records/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Joy & Pain" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!