When a relationship has hit the skids, any little thing can set someone off; just ask, singer/songwriter Chris Richardson. On his latest effort, the YMCMB crooner asks his girl “Why You Mad?” and then proceeds to pressure her into a shot so that she’ll soon forget she was ever upset in the first place. With a smooth, bubbly style that has definitive pop appeal, I’d imagine it would be difficult for Chris’ better half to keep him in the doghouse for very long. Joining Richardson over Willie Donut‘s airy, croaking-drum production is labelmate and wingman Caskey, who provides insight into a troubled relationship with an equally as charismatic, catchy flow. Legit Looks directs the song’s official visuals. There is no word on Richardson’s debut album, but don’t get mad. Just keep it locked to The DJBooth for future developments.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/9/13
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Joy & Pain" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.