If the name Chris Richardson rings a bells it’s likely because you may remember the crooner from his stint on season six of American Idol and/or, most recently, as the newest singer signed to Cash Money Records. Now that the Virginia Beach songster has put in a few months at his brand new label he’s ready to put his vocals to good use. Last week, Richardson recruited fellow YMCMB label mate Tyga for his Detail-produced new single Joy & Pain and he’s now followed up with an accompanying music video for the record. Like the song’s title, the music video for Joy & Pain is a series of ups and downs between Richardson and his lady. There are smiles amidst bickering and cuddling followed by vases being thrown across a room. As of now there’s no word on when Richardson will be releasing his debut project, but check back for updates.
Cash Money Records/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Why You Mad" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.