If you tuned in to the first season of The X Factor USA, you likely remember Chris Rene, the Santa Cruz trash collector who stole the show with original jam Young Homie. While he ultimately finished third in the competition, program judge L.A. Reid was so taken by the hungry up-and-comer that he promptly signed the singer/songwriter to Epic Records. Today, Rene makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with his first release as a major-label signee, debut promo single Trouble. A breezy ode to the perennial allure of the “bad girl,” this mellow summer jam finds producer Busbee layering reggae-tinged guitar strums over punchy hip-hop percussion as the singer describes how he fell for that woman his mother always warned him about. Though he knows he should run, all his protests are for naught—after the first encounter, he was permanently hooked. Time to weigh in, readers: are you as addicted to this single as Rene clearly is to the shawty in question? Then keep it locked; while there’s no word yet on a debut album, we’ll be sure to keep you supplied with all the latest tunes from Chris Rene.
Written by richard on 08/16/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.