If you tuned in to the first season of The X Factor USA, you likely remember Chris Rene, the Santa Cruz trash collector who stole the show with original jam Young Homie. While he ultimately finished third in the competition, program judge L.A. Reid was so taken by the hungry up-and-comer that he promptly signed the singer/songwriter to Epic Records. Today, Rene makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with his first release as a major-label signee, debut promo single Trouble. A breezy ode to the perennial allure of the “bad girl,” this mellow summer jam finds producer Busbee layering reggae-tinged guitar strums over punchy hip-hop percussion as the singer describes how he fell for that woman his mother always warned him about. Though he knows he should run, all his protests are for naught—after the first encounter, he was permanently hooked. Time to weigh in, readers: are you as addicted to this single as Rene clearly is to the shawty in question? Then keep it locked; while there’s no word yet on a debut album, we’ll be sure to keep you supplied with all the latest tunes from Chris Rene.
Written by richard on 08/16/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.