Judging by his work as one half of M.A.S.H., the Newark twosome who brought us Autotune-heavy club cut We Run This and reader-acclaimed ladies’ jam Key to the City, readers might be inclined to think of Chris Reg as a trendy new-schooler, but that’s only part of the story; as the emcee reveals on his first solo feature (making its online premiere right here at DJBooth.net), he would rather blaze his own trail to musical success than contort his style to fit into any school. Instructing his peers to “Follow the Leader,” Reg strikes out on a lyrically-driven exploration of the music industry. Over AURC‘s organ-sampling groove (garnished with some odd but catchy vocal snippets), the rapper showcases his Brand New Vintage swag (thanks, Young Son), spitting insightful verses so packed with clever punchlines and knotty rhymes that it’s hard to pick just one line to quote. Whether you prefer lyrical acrobatics or pop-friendlier fare, Reg has got you covered; keep it locked to the Booth for more from the emcee, both solo and accompanied by M.A.S.H. partner in rhyme Mayday.
Written by richard on 05/27/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whole Lotta O’s" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.