Since it’s been nearly two years since the Young Gunz member last stepped into the Booth with a solo feature, fans may well be wondering, “Is Young Chris still on that Philly Sh*t?” If that’s the case, this newly-released remix should put your mind at ease: though Chris recently switched his label affiliation from Roc-A-Fella to Rico Love‘s newly-relaunched Division 1, his ironclad devotion to his hometown is one thing that hasn’t changed in slightest. Over Love’s sparse, synth-percussion instrumental (complete with a helium-voiced hook), Chris reps his hood to the fullest, proclaiming himself “Fresh Prince of the City.” Handling guest duties are three fellow flame-spitters from the City of Brotherly Love: veteran femcee Eve, Grand Hustle emcee Meek Mill, and even Roots Crew frontman Black Thought all join in to pay their respects to the streets that made them who they are (and do a little stunting for good measure). If you’re left wanting more, satisfaction is only a click or two away: Re-Introduction, Chris’ first release at his new label home, is out now online.
Written by richard on 12/15/10
Submit your Rating
Division 1/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Run To The Roc ft. Junior Reid" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.