Young Chris and Neef Buck may have traded their former stage name, “Young Gunz,” for the self-explanatory “Chris & Neef,” but listeners worried that the switch signifies a departure from the twosome’s hard-nosed roots can breathe a sigh of relief; when the Philly natives announce “We Bak like we never left,” on this new mixtape single, they’re telling the gospel truth. Certifyd mans the boards on this street banger, cooking up a beat featuring staccato synths, midtempo percussion, and about as many firearm-related sound effects as one record can hold; the State Property alumni, of course, come with lyrical aggression to match, spitting about robberies-turned-homicides, bodies in trash bags and (of course) plenty of gunplay. Will these currently-independent Northeastern mainstays succeed in taking their game to the next level under their newly-streamlined moniker? You decide – or reserve judgment till July 23, when Chris & Neef’s Back to Business mixtape hits the ‘net for free download.
Written by richard on 07/15/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)