Like thousands of others in the hip-hop game, Chris Morris could be described as a Youngin With a Dream. But the West Palm Beach native is in no danger of getting mixed up with the next emcee; the bars he spits on his latest feature offer a strong indication of the passion and energy that set him apart from the pack. Producer Nabeyin takes inspiration from J. Dilla on the production tip, flipping soul man Jerry Butler’s Just Because I Really Love You in a clear homage to the late beatsmith’s U-Love instrumental. Over his collaborator’s irresistibly sunny grooves, Morris sets out to prove himself “better than your favorite rapper,” showcasing an contagious enthusiasm for his craft along with his undeniable mic skills. In addition to appearing on Chris Morris’s forthcoming, currently unscheduled Hip Hop Fell in Love With Me LP, Youngin will be part of Nabeyin’s Donuts Last Forever 2, due out February 14.
Written by richard on 02/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.