Like thousands of others in the hip-hop game, Chris Morris could be described as a Youngin With a Dream. But the West Palm Beach native is in no danger of getting mixed up with the next emcee; the bars he spits on his latest feature offer a strong indication of the passion and energy that set him apart from the pack. Producer Nabeyin takes inspiration from J. Dilla on the production tip, flipping soul man Jerry Butler’s Just Because I Really Love You in a clear homage to the late beatsmith’s U-Love instrumental. Over his collaborator’s irresistibly sunny grooves, Morris sets out to prove himself “better than your favorite rapper,” showcasing an contagious enthusiasm for his craft along with his undeniable mic skills. In addition to appearing on Chris Morris’s forthcoming, currently unscheduled Hip Hop Fell in Love With Me LP, Youngin will be part of Nabeyin’s Donuts Last Forever 2, due out February 14.
Written by richard on 02/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.