Not glimpsed on our front page since October of 2012, when he earned reader acclaim for Booth debut Focused, Chris Morris returns to re-introduce himself with a fresh song release off his next EP. Nabeyin handles production duties on Morning Dew, crafting a mellow, yet densely-layered instrumental to accompany the West Palm Beach resident’s blunted philosophizing. Freely admitting that he’s “high as a telescope,” Morris laces the beat with entertainingly off-kilter insights into life as he knows it: “Learned it from an older man, [h]e told me that the world full of doors, and the keys that you need to explore like the birds to the bees, or a feather to a breeze…” For this breezy cut and much more, cop the HipHop Fell In Love With Me EP when it drops digitally in early March via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 01/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.