Inborn talent isn’t enough to take you to the top of the hip-hop game—you also need the singlemindedness to follow through on those big dreams. Luckily for Booth newcomer Chris Morris, he’s well-stocked with both. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, newly-released album cut Focused finds DreBrown flipping a dreamy, string-laced sample as the Brooklyn rhymesayer narrates a typical day in his nonstop hustle. Despite the frustration of his nine-to-five and the many distractions offered by his urban milieu, the hungry up-and-comer makes clear that honing his mic skills and developing himself as an artist will always be priority numero uno. Has this head-noddable grind anthem whet your appetite for more? Stay tuned—Hip-Hop Fell in Love With Me has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 10/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Morning Dew" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.