Inborn talent isn’t enough to take you to the top of the hip-hop game—you also need the singlemindedness to follow through on those big dreams. Luckily for Booth newcomer Chris Morris, he’s well-stocked with both. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, newly-released album cut Focused finds DreBrown flipping a dreamy, string-laced sample as the Brooklyn rhymesayer narrates a typical day in his nonstop hustle. Despite the frustration of his nine-to-five and the many distractions offered by his urban milieu, the hungry up-and-comer makes clear that honing his mic skills and developing himself as an artist will always be priority numero uno. Has this head-noddable grind anthem whet your appetite for more? Stay tuned—Hip-Hop Fell in Love With Me has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 10/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Morning Dew" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.