Inborn talent isn’t enough to take you to the top of the hip-hop game—you also need the singlemindedness to follow through on those big dreams. Luckily for Booth newcomer Chris Morris, he’s well-stocked with both. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, newly-released album cut Focused finds DreBrown flipping a dreamy, string-laced sample as the Brooklyn rhymesayer narrates a typical day in his nonstop hustle. Despite the frustration of his nine-to-five and the many distractions offered by his urban milieu, the hungry up-and-comer makes clear that honing his mic skills and developing himself as an artist will always be priority numero uno. Has this head-noddable grind anthem whet your appetite for more? Stay tuned—Hip-Hop Fell in Love With Me has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 10/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Morning Dew" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.