Inborn talent isn’t enough to take you to the top of the hip-hop game—you also need the singlemindedness to follow through on those big dreams. Luckily for Booth newcomer Chris Morris, he’s well-stocked with both. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, newly-released album cut Focused finds DreBrown flipping a dreamy, string-laced sample as the Brooklyn rhymesayer narrates a typical day in his nonstop hustle. Despite the frustration of his nine-to-five and the many distractions offered by his urban milieu, the hungry up-and-comer makes clear that honing his mic skills and developing himself as an artist will always be priority numero uno. Has this head-noddable grind anthem whet your appetite for more? Stay tuned—Hip-Hop Fell in Love With Me has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 10/9/12
Chris Morris has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest digital album, Hip Hop Fell in Love With Me. A conceptual project telling the story of his love affair with hip-hop dating back to the age of 12,...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Morning Dew" (2014)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)