Inborn talent isn’t enough to take you to the top of the hip-hop game—you also need the singlemindedness to follow through on those big dreams. Luckily for Booth newcomer Chris Morris, he’s well-stocked with both. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, newly-released album cut Focused finds DreBrown flipping a dreamy, string-laced sample as the Brooklyn rhymesayer narrates a typical day in his nonstop hustle. Despite the frustration of his nine-to-five and the many distractions offered by his urban milieu, the hungry up-and-comer makes clear that honing his mic skills and developing himself as an artist will always be priority numero uno. Has this head-noddable grind anthem whet your appetite for more? Stay tuned—Hip-Hop Fell in Love With Me has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 10/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Morning Dew" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.